[/ezcol_1third]To improve our terrestrial restoration program, IRM utilizes a tracked ATV that allows our restoration technicians to access remote wetlands that would not be possible with standard ATVs.
The tracked system allows the ATV to “float” on top of vegetation or mud, reducing environmental footprint of the vehicle. In addition to our tracked ATV, IRM has a fleet of 5 standard 4×4 ATVs for restoration services.
Both our tracked ATV and our standard comes equipped with a boomless nozzle for broadcast herbicide applications, a hose & gun for herbicide spot spraying and equipment transfer boxes for transporting herbicide jugs, planting materials or other restoration gear. This setup can carry up to 35 gallons of herbicide solution per trip.[/ezcol_1third]
- Boomless Herbicide Application: Broadcast herbicide application allows for a uniform application with a broadcast width of approximately 18′
- Hose & Gun Herbicide Application: 50′ of hose attached to the tank allows for spot spraying in remote areas
- Equipment Transfer: Capable of transferring herbicide, planting materials and other equipment to labor crews
IRMs terrestrial services include the deployment of our 50 hp Smoker Craft jet boat. This service has allowed IRM to islands, shorelines and wetlands access in two feet or less water opening up that would otherwise be inaccessible.
We are able to deliver ATVs, planting materials, vegetation control materials & tools and manpower to remote locations safely.
The use of IRM’s jet boat delivery service has allowed out clients to expand their restoration ambitions further into their management areas. Our jet boat services also include the ability to do invasive species and habitat mapping as well as jet boat based herbicide application.
Jet Boat Services
- Materials and Equipment Transport: Jet boat transfer of ATVs, planting materials, herbicide application gear, man power, etc to remote islands and shorelines.
- GPS Mapping: Mapping services of terrestrial & aquatic invasives and riparian vegetation.
- Herbicide Application: Hose & gun herbicide application either directly out of boat or hose pulled from boat to weed infestations.
For more information regarding Jet Boat services contact Habitat Restoration Coordinator Matt Mellenthin or 541 929-3408.